Laneway and St Kilda Fest: cheap festival fashion
A big weekend in Melbourne is almsot upon us; St Jerome’s Laneway festival hits Melbourne tomorrow and St Kilda Fest on Sunday. As Summer has disguised itself as Winter for the past three weeks, the 30+ degree temperatures will come to a surprise for most of us. So not only do we have to make sure we get our festival fashion right, we also have to be weather ready.
Festivals are a time to wear whatever you want; if you want to paint a rainbow on your face, wear a unitard or do a ‘burning-man’ and wear pretty much nothing, then this is your time to do it. If, however, you just want to be a bit “street”- this is where I step in.
My festival go-to’s are denim, leather, grunge and loose dresses. The Bonnie Diaries has searched the stores and found you 9 easy, awesome, festival appropriate outfit ideas for this weekend. With all priced under $50, you can afford to let loose and spill a few drinks on them.
Get shopping tonight and have fun this weekend!
1. The Denim tee: Alice McCall Lotus Crop $45 // Shop in store or online now
2. Floaty, khaki comfort: Supre High Low Floaty Dress $35 // Shop in-store or online now
3. Easy denim: CottonOn WV Lanie Strappy Dress $19.95 // Shop in-store or online now
4. Super Summery: Target Shifley Sundress $30 // Shop in-store or online now
5. Denim shorts- pair with a basic or denim tee: Alice McCall Tonka Bean Short $45 // Shop in store or online now
6. Basic jersey dress- so easy to wear: Cotton On Tina T-shirt Dress $24.95 // Shop in-store or online now
7. If you can brave the definite heat, do it in overalls: CottonOn Gabby Overall $20 // Shop in-store or online now
8. Incase a cool change comes (it is Melbourne after all) bring a denim shirt: Supre Miranda Denim Shirt $30 // Shop in-store or online now
9. Bring out the brights: Shakuhachi Square Print T-Dress Acid Multi $50 // Shop in-store or online now